sábado, 2 de octubre de 2010


I watched Brokeback Mountain last night, and I just can't stop thinking about it. I don't know how to put my feelings into words about that movie, but I feel an overwhelming sense of depression and sadness whenever I focus on it again. I loved it, it was a great movie, but it was so damn sad. I love sad movies the most though, it is a great release from the happy endings we are always so used to seeing in the cinema and what not. But anyway, Brokeback Mountain was so beautiful, and Jake Gyllenhaal was so freakin hot, but it makes me sad to know that even from 1963, not much has changed when it comes to the gay community. Sure, there are more gay rights and some people are more open, but in states such as Wyoming and such, there is still so much hatred. Why, just the other day, my friend got beaten up while he was walking downtown with his boyfriend. He came to work with an enormous black eye, scratches and dried blood all over his face and an expression of sadness. They had to send him home because he couldn't work like that, but everyone knew the reason he got beat up for it was for being gay. When I saw him, I got scared and sad. The street he walked down was the same street I walk down every single night and I knew they probably wouldn't beat me up personally, but the fact that such evil occurred there made me sick to my stomach.

I also had a dream about my math teacher from last term. I don't know why I always think about him, but in my dream I wanted to ask him for help on my homework and for some reason I was crying a lot, and when I went up to him to ask for help, he rejected me and said he didn't have any time to help me. It was very depressing.

Etiquetas:


Andres at 10:28 |

4 Comments:

Publicar un comentario


At 2 de octubre de 2010, 11:16, Blogger lacrimode said........
I'm really sorry about your friend. I think it's dumb that people are so biased toward sexuality, especially since it's a biological thing and it's something that isn't decided or anything.
 


At 3 de octubre de 2010, 13:10, Blogger Cubby Cubby Chan said........
Well, hey there's a reason why there was so much hub bub about the whole movie now you know why. I always wanted to watch that when I was younger but I was never allowed. But when I finally watched it, of course I cried. Which was stupid because my eyes ended up burning like hell because of my allergies :-T I was like AGGGH Stupid tears! All sad and annoyed at the same time.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. :-(
That kind of stuff is so wrong. I don't know why people have to get all upset over things that they can't understand. It's like, if you don't get it, leave it a lone. yeah?

That dream of yours was pretty interesting. Ha ha ha. I don't really feel I should get into it, because it sounds very personal.
 


At 3 de octubre de 2010, 18:10, Blogger Andres said........
Mesca: It's because people think that those who are gay CHOOSE to be gay, which is true in some circumstances, when someone gets raped or has a traumatic experience, but when people generalize ALL gays into that category, it doesn't make any sense to me and it seems VERY silly. Does that make sense??
 


At 3 de octubre de 2010, 18:11, Blogger Andres said........
Cubby Cubby: Yeah same here! I wanted to see it as well, and I remember seeing things about it on the news, like how all the gay guys went to see it and all that. I really didn't expect it to be such a great movie to be honest! I was kind of scared that it was going to be a little humiliating lol. I can't really explain, but it's the kind of feeling you get like, when something else besides yourself embarrasses you. Do you know what I mean?